The Auxiliary Territorial Service was the women’s branch of the British Army during the Second World War. It was formed on 9 September 1938, initially as a women’s voluntary service, and existed until 1 February 1949, when it was merged into the Women’s Royal Army Corps.
Ena Collymore Woodstock
On too many occasions fate has intervened in TLBP where a veteran, having agreed to sign, has sadly passed away before the book could be presented for signature. Ironically, today’s post – a successful entry [Read more]